Dr. Wurtman’s Sleep Answer Delivers Time-Released, Low-Dose Melatonin That Helps You Fall Asleep, Stay Asleep, and Wake Up Refreshed (28 Dual-Dose Capsules)
- FALL ASLEEP FASTER EACH NIGHT. What makes Sleep Answer so unique is that its cutting-edge “capsule-in-capsule” technology delivers low dose melatonin throughout the night. The outer capsule releases the first 0.3 mg dose of melatonin just minutes after you take it so you can get to sleep quickly. Then, 3–4 hours later its inner capsule dissolves and begins releasing tiny "sleep" beads filled with a second low dose of melatonin (0.6 mg dose) so you can stay asleep.
- SLEEP LONGER EACH NIGHT—WAKING REFRESHED, NEVER GROGGY! Research shows less than 1 mg of melatonin is the ideal dose for adults 50 and over, and is not associated with morning/daytime grogginess, or “hangovers” often found with higher doses.
- REDUCES RESTLESSNESS, TOSSING AND TURNING. This is a very common condition linked to low melatonin. There’s not enough melatonin telling your brain it’s time to go to sleep, so your brain isn’t telling your body either. Even just a 0.3 mg dose of melatonin has been shown in clinical studies to reduce restlessness for dramatically more peaceful, comfortable sleep.
- REDUCES NIGHTTIME WAKE UPS. And you go back to sleep quickly if you do wake.
- DEVELOPED BY DR. RICHARD WURTMAN, ONE OF AMERICA'S LEADING NATURAL SLEEP EXPERTS. Distributed by Healthy Directions, known for its stringent quality control measures and Triple-Testing Philosophy which have led to a stellar safety record for more than 20 years.
Melatonin is the brain chemical with the lion's share of responsibility for managing your sleep cycle. Dr. Wurtman, one of America's leading sleep experts—a noted MIT and Harvard professor—was part of the team who discovered that, once we reach 70, our levels of melatonin decrease significantly, by as much as 75%! The result is an inefficient sleep cycle, so you can have trouble falling asleep…trouble staying asleep…restless tossing and turning…and a day wrought with low energy and fatigue. Dr. Wurtman knew that replenishing melatonin levels was the key to helping men and women get back to healthier sleep cycles. Decades of research and clinical trials uncovered the fact that too much melatonin can actually overload melatonin receptors in the brain—in essence, drowning them in so much melatonin they are no longer able to process it properly. Most melatonin vitamin supplements contain 2 mg…3 mg…even as much as 10 mg of melatonin! With these higher doses, the melatonin receptors in your brain get overwhelmed and become desensitized and, eventually, the higher dosages will no longer work. What makes Sleep Answer so unique is that it delivers low-dose melatonin throughout the night—a two-pronged approach to giving you a perfect night's sleep! Its outer capsule dissolves first—delivering an ideal 0.3 mg dose of fast-acting, liquid melatonin just minutes after you take it, resetting your natural sleep cycle so you can get to sleep quickly. Then, thanks to cutting-edge, capsule-in-capsule technology, 3–4 hours after taking melatonin vitamin Sleep Answer, its inner capsule dissolves and begins releasing tiny "sleep" beads filled with a second low dose of melatonin (0.6 mg dose) so you can stay asleep. This total amount of melatonin—less than 1 mg—is an ideal dose for adults 50 and over, and is not associated with morning/daytime grogginess, or "hangovers" often found with higher dosages of melatonin.