Ancestral Supplements Grass Fed Beef Liver (Desiccated) — Natural Iron, Vitamin A, B12 for Energy (180 Capsules)
- MADE WITH HIGHER STANDARDS: Pasture raised in New Zealand, grass-fed and grass-finished, undefatted, hormone-free, pesticide-free, GMO-free. 100% ULTRA PURE means no fillers, no flow agents and no magnesium stearate. 100% FREEZE DRIED to optimally preserve heat sensitive nutrients, co-factors and biological activity.
- NUTRITIONALLY DENSE SUPER FOOD: High in preformed Vitamin A, B12 for energy, CoQ10, Choline, Folate, Hyaluronic Acid and Bio-Available Heme Iron. Provides all the fat soluble vitamins (A, D, K & E) in highly usable forms, and meaningful amounts of copper, zinc and chromium.
- NOURISH YOUR WAY TO HEALTH: For healthy teeth, gums, skin and hair. Supports energy, mood, metabolism and methylation. For strong joints, connective tissue and healthy collagen. Supports heart, brain and liver health. Supports a strong immune system and glutathione status (the body's master antioxidant).
- WHOLE FOOD SUPPLEMENT: Get the nourishment that only whole foods (and whole food supplements) can provide. Get all the co-factors, nutrient synergy and biological activity that makes liver so amazing for you. Paleo Friendly... Primal Friendly... Ketogenic Friendly... Supports high energy demands for an active lifestyle.
- Recommended as an integral part of a nose-to-tail keto or carnivore diet by Paul Saladino, MD (author of The Carnivore Code).
NOURISH YOUR WAY TO HEALTH & HAPPINESS WITH PASTURE-RAISED GRASS-FED BEEF LIVER
For most of human history, we effortlessly consumed (nose-to-tail) the things we needed for health and happiness. Like the fertile ground that we once walked upon, we were a natural extension of this earth. In the modern world, we unknowingly struggle to fulfill our nutritional needs in order to support and sustain a vibrant, disease-free life. Our mission is to offer the highest quality line of whole-food supplements with the purpose of putting back in what the modern world has left out — Nourish your way to health and happiness.
- Pasture Raised In New Zealand
- Grass-fed & Grass-Finished
- Hormone, Pesticide & GMO Free
- Absolutely No Fillers (or) Flow Agents
- 100% Freeze Dried To Optimally Preserve Nutrients, Co-Factors and Biological Activity
CONSIDER THE SOURCE — NEW ZEALAND
Our nose-to-tail product line is always from grassfed, inspected animals born and raised on green pastures, with plenty of sunshine, and without the use of pesticides, hormones or antibiotics. Health of livestock used for manufacturing in New Zealand is closely monitored by a world leading biosecurity system that is second to none, and is a global exemplar. Strict government licensing, auditing and certification procedures mean that our genuine New Zealand freeze dried products can be used with complete confidence in their origin, safety and efficacy. Freeze-drying preserves color, nutrients and biological activity of components leaving the nutrients in the same balance as found in nature.
* Our product line is 100% additive-free... Absolutely no stearates, lubricants, binders, fillers (or) flow agents.
Serving Size 6 Capsules
Servings Per Container 30
- Protein — 2.1
- Fat — 1
- Carbohydrates — 0
AMOUNT PER SERVING
Freeze-Dried New Zealand Grassfed Liver (Bovine) 3000mg
- 5099 IU (100% DV) Vitamin A per serving
- 13.6 MCG (230% DV) Vitamin B12 per serving
- 120 MG Choline per serving
Six capsules daily or as directed by a healthcare professional.
MANUFACTURED IN THE USA
ANCESTRAL SUPPLEMENTS, LLC
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
BENEFITS OF EATING LIVER
Grass-fed and grass-finished liver from pasture-raised cows is among the most nutritionally dense foods in existence. This type of high quality liver is loaded with vitamins, minerals, proteins and healthy fats that support optimal collagen synthesis (think skin, hair and connective tissues), strong immune function, methylation and heart, brain and liver health. Our early ancestors knew this, which is why their traditional diets included the frequent and nourishing consumption of this nutritional powerhouse. If you can't stomach the taste of liver, you can easily throw a few capsules down the hatch without incident — beef liver capsules are virtually tasteless. If you're looking for a high quality desiccated liver supplement, do your research because not all liver, nor liver supplements, are created equal.
- Preformed Vitamin A (aka retinol)
- Vitamin B12
- Bio-Available Iron
- Hyaluronic Acid
FACT: Liver contains a source of iron bound to hemoglobin (heme iron) of which up to 33% is absorbed compared to non-heme iron which can have as little as 2% absorption.
GRASSFED BEEF LIVER SUPPORTS...
- Healthy Teeth, Gums, Skin & Hair
- Healthy Joints, Ligaments & Tendons
- Energy Metabolism
- Immune Function
- Methylation (Gene Expression)
- Heart, Brain & Liver Health
FACT: High quality beef liver provides all the fat soluble vitamins (A, D, K & E) in highly usable forms, and provides meaningful amounts of copper, zinc and chromium.
HIGH QUALITY BEEF LIVER
We believe it's important to source the highest quality liver, because not all liver is created equal. The following are criteria we used to source our liver:
- Unpolluted Geographical Region — Healthy Lands
- Pasture-Raised & Grass-Fed & Grass-Finished Cows
- Hormone, Pesticide & GMO Free
- Pure — Absolutely No Fillers (or) Flow Agents
- 100% Freeze Dried... Freeze Drying Has Been Shown To Optimally Preserve Nutritional Content
- Third-Party Tested
If you're still not convinced that liver needs to be on the menu, you probably don't know a whole lot about vitamin A. If you're not consuming liver one to two times per week, you're not getting adequate vitamin A. If you're not getting adequate vitamin A, you're likely not optimizing robust collagen production for key connective tissues (e.g. skin, cartilage, ligaments, tendons, gums). Vitamin A also supports a strong immune system and fights inflammation.
MOST OF US ARE NOT GETTING ENOUGH VITAMIN A... ARE YOU?
Many people believe that they can get enough vitamin A from their fruits and veggies—simply put, they can't! Fruits and vegetables are high in a family of phytonutrients called carotenoids (e.g. beta-carotene). Because of this, many people (and websites alike), believe that these foods provide vitamin A; however, they do not. The body must convert these compounds into vitamin A; but in humans, this process is inefficient and hardly takes place. The data shows that only three percent or less of carotenoids from plant foods are absorbed. In contrast, eighty percent or more of preformed vitamin A from animal sources (i.e. liver) is absorbed. If you're not consuming liver one to two times per week, you're not getting adequate vitamin A. If you're not getting adequate vitamin A, you're likely not optimizing your skin, hair and nail health nor are you supporting robust collagen production for other key connective tissue systems (e.g. cartilage, ligaments, tendons, gums). The simple solution is to eat liver twice a week. If you're just not going to do it, consider a high quality liver supplement.
- A Small Percentage of Fruits & Vegetables Are Converted To Vitamin A
- A Huge Percentage of Liver is Converted To Vitamin A
- Genetic Polymorphisms (in 50% of us) Further Impair The Conversion Of Carotenoids To Vitamin A
BEEF LIVER SUMMARY
Our genome has evolved with the nourishment of liver since the beginning of time. Liver is especially rich in preformed vitamin A, vitamin B12, choline, folate and bio-available iron. High quality beef liver supports our connective tissue systems (skin, hair, gums, ligaments, tendons, etc.), energy metabolism, immune function, methylation and heart, brain and liver health. Not all liver is the same. Look for a high quality beef liver that comes from pasture-raised, grass-fed cows that are hormone, pesticide and GMO free. If considering a supplement, look for one that is ultra pure (without binders, fillers (or) flow agents) and look for the freeze dried variety as these have been shown to optimally preserve nutritional factors and co-factors.
SAFETY OF LIVER
High quality liver from pasture-raised, grass-fed cows is completely safe to consume. There is a common misconception about the liver being a storage depot for toxins which couldn't be further from fact. One of the many roles of liver is to filters toxins and send them to be expelled — usually in the urine via the kidney. In other words, the liver does not hold on to toxins, it expels them. The liver does act as a storage depot for vitamins, minerals and glycogen. Rest assured, liver from healthy animals is safe, nutritious and time-tested.